You are here
Home > Sport News > Football > AFTER HORRIFIC START TO THE SEASON: CHELSEA LINE UP £50MILLION BID FOR VIRGIL VAN DIJK

AFTER HORRIFIC START TO THE SEASON: CHELSEA LINE UP £50MILLION BID FOR VIRGIL VAN DIJK

After being rocked at home by Burnley on the opening Saturday of the Premier League season, Chelsea have made a quick reaction to the early shock by reportedly submitting a bid worth 50 million pounds for Southampton Captain.

Virgil van Dijk, the Southampton defender, who has also been repeatedly linked with Liverpool and who submitted a transfer request last week may be on his way to Stamford Bridge.

The Mirror says Chelsea are “preparing a formal offer for wantaway star Van Dijk and are poised to make their move this week.” It adds that he has “been in the club’s sights for several months,” with the Premier League champions ready to spend more than £50 million to bring him to London.

They could yet face competition, with Liverpool still interested and Manchester City having “asked to be kept fully up to speed with developments,” but Antonio Conte “is confident he can tempt the 26-year-old to make the switch to Stamford Bridge.”

Meanwhile, the Telegraph says a deal to bring in Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater remains in progress, with reports over the weekend having suggested that an improved Chelsea bid of £25m has been tabled.

 

Similar Articles

Top