Newcastle United have announced that they have completed the loan signing of Kenedy from Chelsea.
Earlier on Tuesday, Blues head coach Antonio Conte confirmed that the Brazilian had been given permission to hold discussions with the Magpies ahead of a switch until the end of the season.
Both clubs have now revealed that a deal has been made official, and the left-sided player has admitted that he is delighted to have been given the opportunity to play first-team football in the Premier League.
The 21-year-old told the club’s official website: “I’m so happy with this opportunity at Newcastle. They’ve opened the door to me to come here, show my potential and come and play for Newcastle.
“It’s a traditional club and Rafa Benitez is a fantastic, amazing coach. Christian Atsu, as well – we trained together at Chelsea and know each other, and he said good things about the club. So it was easy to take this decision.”